Below you will find a small selection of books, videos links and websites that may be useful in starting an exploration into the world of mindfulness.
- Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Wherever You Go There You Are by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- How to Train a Wild Elephant & Other Adventures in Mindfulness by Jan Chozen Bays
- The Miracle of Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Heal Thyself by Saki Santorelli
- Mindfulness: Finding Peace in a Frantic World by Mark Williams and Danny Penman (with CD)
- Mindfulness for Health by Vidyamala Burch and Danny Penman (with CD and an excellent resource for anyone dealing with illness or pain)
- Mindfulness in Plain English by Bhante Henepola Gunaratana
- The Mindful Way Through Depression by Segal, Teasdale and Williams (with CD)
- Awakening Joy: 10 Steps That Will Put You On the Road to Real Happiness by James Baraz and Shoshana Alexander
- Buddha’s Brain by Rick Hanson
- Hardwiring Happiness by Rick Hanson
- www.sanctuary.ie – beautiful meditation and mindfulness centre in Smithfield, Dublin.
- www.mindfulness.ie – renowned Irish mindfulness organisation offering courses, retreats and trainings.
- www.cfmi.ie – renowned Irish mindfulness organisation offering courses, retreats and trainings.
- https://www.bangor.ac.uk/mindfulness/ – The Centre For Mindfulness Research + Practice, Bangor, North Wales.
- http://www.umassmed.edu/cfm/ – The Centre For Mindfulness at UMass, USA, where Jon Kabat-Zinn began the eight-week MBSR programme.
- http://www.oxfordmindfulness.org – The Oxford Mindfulness Centre.
- http://www.mindfulnessinschools.org/ – Mindfulness in Schools Project (MiSP) is a non-profit organisation teaching secular mindfulness to pupils, teachers and parents.
- http://www.mindful.org – wonderful new magazine publication called Mindful.
- http://www.headspace.com/ – Headspace is a gym membership for the mind. A course of guided meditation, delivered via an app or online.
- http://www.goamra.org – a US-based website with all of the latest mindfulness research by category.
Audio Talks and Practices Available To Download
- www.self-compassion.org (loving-kindness and compassion practices by Dr. Kristin Neff)
- www.dharmaseed.org (talks on Buddhist psychology and mindfulness)
- www.tarabrach.com (talks on mindfulness and meditation and guided practices by Tara Brach)
- www.soundstrue.com (website with a lot of mindfulness/meditation resources by many renowned teachers available for sale)
- www.youtube.com (lots of interesting interviews with various mindfulness teachers, including Jon Kabat-Zinn)